God’s Storehouse Ministries
God’s Storehouse Ministries: Who we are. What we do. Why we do this. Where we provide services? How can you help?
For this article I thought I would address the elephant in the room that many have shunned or ignored due to not fully understanding who we really are. Today I address God’s Storehouse Ministries—the who, what, when, where, why, and how’s.
- Who are we? Before I tell you who we are I will tell you who WE ARE NOT. We are NOT a church! We are a community based non-profit (501c3) organization.
- What do we do? Our organization provides:
- Information & Referral Services,
- Food donations
- Clothing donations
- Furniture, dishes, pots, pans and all of the fixings for those rebuilding their lives after a disaster has occurred and have no means of obtaining these otherwise (Effective mid 2017)
- Adopt-a-Family Programs for families during the holidays providing food and toys for indigent families
- Financial Literacy Programs for children ages 12 –18 (Effective mid 2017)
- Business Start-up Assistance (Effective mid 2017)
- Etiquette Classes (In partnership with M. Shannon Consulting)
- Prom Dress donations to local high schools to include jewelry, shoes and accessories
- Referrals for spiritual guidance/possible church memberships to those seeking to churches we’re in partnership with
- And so much more!
- Why do we do this?
Disaster can strike at any time. No one is immune to life and the rollercoaster many find themselves on. Fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, floods…one or any of these things can wipe a family out. Many have no insurance to replace these lost items and look for places to go to meet the needs. Many families are single-parent households and some due to a parent being absent due to incarceration, divorce or deceased need more help than others. Those previously incarcerated and recently released from prison often need assistance in preparing for and securing jobs. God’s Storehouse Ministries can and will either provide the services ourselves via the various programs we offer, or refer them to the appropriate resources we’re in partnership with that can help meet the need.
Financial literacy programs as with etiquette classes are a part of properly preparing disadvantaged youth better prepare to become successful as adults. Resume writing and job readiness helps prepare those searching for jobs improve their chances of obtaining one.
- Where do we provide the services
Our office is currently located in the Carson Plaza Suites. These are the Executive Offices. We are in the process of securing a building that will adequately provide us the space to house large donated items such as furniture. Services are currently provided in the SouthBay area of Southern California. Plans are in the makings to expand to other areas outside of the SouthBay area.
God’s Storehouse Ministries does currently have agreements with some of the courts in the Southern California area to work with the Court Referral Community Service Program with paperwork in process for even more courts. We will accept non-violent, non-drug related offenders to work with us in helping to meet the needs of our clients.
- How can you help?
The thing that is needed the most to help us better serve those within our community is financial donations. These donations may be made by going to our website at www.godsstorehouseministries.org and clicking the “Donate Now” button, by sending payments via Paypal to us at email@example.com or by mailing a check or money order to P. O. Box 5397, Torrance CA 90510 or via our Go Fund Me accounts. All donations are tax-deductible.
You can also help by showing your support for us and liking our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/GodsStorehouseMinistries
You can further support us by spreading this article with your circle of friends or your network of influence.
If you’re a business that provides any of the items we donate to others in need, your donations are greatly appreciated and much needed.
If you are a church, non-profit, or other service agency and wish to consider partnering with us, please email your interest to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With your help, 80% of the programs can be provided to the recipients for free or near free.
- Are we fully operational now?
No we are not and the reality of it is we will not be without your help. Many of the services we provide are in partnership with other service providers/churches. We have done some of the above, actually most of the above, on a small scale, TOGETHER we can help many that are disenfranchised and disadvantaged become productive, successful people and help others rebuild their lives after disaster. We know anything that can happen to one, can happen to another.
7. Why are we passionate about what we do?
The majority of us have found ourselves in need at one point or another. We have reached out, looking for a hand-up and not a hand-out and found that that the resources were either not there or if so we were unaware of what was available or we didn’t qualify.
We have walked through the pains of being on the other end, felt them so intensely that it is now our desire to make a difference in the lives of those in need.
We have suffered, sacrificed, gone through the pains of being mislabeled, misunderstood, unappreciated for the work we do as we ourselves found ourselves in need while pursuing this. We realize that without the full support of the communities we aspire and desire to serve, we will never become fully operational.
We aspire to be a part of the solution but we cannot do it without your help. TOGETHER WE CAN AND WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Our mission is: To holistically meet the social and spiritual needs of those in our community or connect them with resources that can.
Other Donations We Are Currently In Need Of
- 3 IPad’s
- AMC Gift Cards
- Toys appropriate for ages 5-12
- Cash Gift Cards
- Turkeys, hams, yams, green beans, canned goods, dry goods, soft drinks, potato salad, water, pies, cakes
- Children’s coats (girls and boys—all sizes)
- Boxes of paper
- Ink Cartridges (HP 564XL)
- 3 Laptops
- Boxes (large) to use to package clothing/dishes/pots & pans, cutlery, food items, wall hangings, shoes
- Costume jewelry to be given away with prom/homecoming dress donations
- Gift cards to shoe stores (prom/homecoming dress donations/others in need)
- Tape for sealing boxes
- Staplers, staples, office supplies
What We Will Give You In Exchange for Your Donation
Your donation of items shown above will get you–
- Acknowledgement on websites as sponsors/supporters at www.godsstorehouseministries.org, www.reginamixonenterprises.org and www.regsbooks.org for 12 months
- Acknowledgements at events and on event flyers
- Acknowledgement on social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and others)
Sponsorship/Monetary donations of $5,000 or more
- Contact us for sponsorship details
God’s Storehouse: Where families can pray together, work together, play together, learn together, and prosper together!
So now you know!
Visit our website at http://www.godsstorehouseministries.org